For many children here in Santa Cruz County, summer means vacation, sports camp, junior guards and endless days at the beach. But for countless other children that live below the poverty line, they not only miss the opportunity to participate in these types of activities but also face the fact of not knowing where their next meal will come from.
During the school year, many public schools provide breakfast and lunch to the 20,000 children who go hungry in Santa Cruz County. Yet once summer comes, parents struggle to provide these meals. To help fill the gap this summer, Grind Out Hunger has teamed up with Santa Cruz Hope Church to launch a summer feeding program. Twice a week a brown bag lunch will be provided to children in need- a bit of hope in a bag.
Grind Out Hunger and Santa Cruz Hope Church have been joining forces since 2012 with the Skate Church. Since the closing of Grind Out Hunger’s headquarters, Skate Church had to relocate. “Working side by side with Danny Bennett at Santa Cruz Hope Church over these last few years has felt like we have been making an impact with the youth. From nurturing their soul to feeding them, my feeling is that these kids are in a situation largely beyond their control and for the most part society is ignoring the problem. Together we hope to make a difference in our youth and community.”- Danny Keith, Executive Director Grind Out Hunger
Free Lunch Details:
- June 18th, 2015 – August 13th, 2015
- Tuesdays and Thursdays (only) from 11:30am-1:00pm
- Lunch Pick Up Location: Santa Cruz Hope Church 4525 Soquel Dr. Soquel, CA. 95073
- Any child under age 18 may come get a lunch for free. There are no income requirements or registration necessary. Meals will be provided to all children without charge and are the same for all children regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, age or disability.
- Stay tuned for an “End of Summer” Grind Out Hunger Beach Party on Saturday August 15th, 2015.
**For more information please contact email@example.com
About Santa Cruz Hope Church
Santa Cruz Hope is a new church with chill style, real faith and no perfect people allowed! We built an indoor skate park for kids and youth in our community where we also hold services. Join us at 4525 Soquel Dr. on Sundays at 9 & 10:30am with FREE PANCAKES! For more information, visit www.santacruzhope.org